Non-Verbal Communication


Non-verbal communication is communication that not involving words or speech. Unrealized we have used any non-verbal language in our life. The most often we use are gesture and face emotions. Every country has their own meaning although they use same gesture with us. Usually I use a lot of hand gestures not only when interaction with people, but when I am alone sometimes.
For example I always show my thumb up to people to express my approval and that I want to say “good job”. I almost use this gesture to all community. When they doing a great job or when they ask for my approval. But in Egypt, if we up our thumb it is very insulting similar to west people middle finger salute. It is very contrast with our culture. Other gesture I usually use to show my approval is by nod and shook my head to show my disapproval. I use this gesture when people talk to me, sometimes I do it for showing that I followed the conversation. I think in Egypt have same meaning when they nod or shook their head. And then if my eyes half closed it might have two meaning that are bored or feel sleepy. Usually I show this gesture in class. But in Egypt half closed eyes do not express boredom.  When I am talking with people usually I stand close with them, it mean to make us look familiar and feel more comfort without use a loud voice although have different sex. But in Egypt we do not stand too close when talking with opposite sex, but if they have same sex it does not matter. And do not move away because it could be seen as rude. And gesture that I always use is silent. Usually, when I silent it could be means that I am thinking about something, was in no mood to talk, or when I tired or angry with someone. I use it in all community. It is looks usual for who know me. But if you are in Egypt, do not ever silent when you are around of people, they will think that you are unpleasant person because they are upholds their social interaction.

0 comment:

Post a Comment